Late Seroconversion ?

Hi Calvin , i finished my 13th week testing and the result came back negative. During that week i had a cold. About two weeks later i caught a flu, with fever and a severe sore throat, difficulty swallowing food and stuff. Is it possible to have ARS symptoms at 13th - 15 th week after exposure. If this was ars, would my 13 week elisa test picked up anything ? I am very confused, Pls advise if i need further testing.

Response from Mr. Spinks

Hopefully we can clear up some of your confusion today. The CDC reports that by 25 days after exposure 50% of people who are HIV infected have already developed HIV antibodies. By 12 weeks, the vast majority of people have developed HIV antibodies. People sero-converting after 12 weeks from exposure is extremely rare. There have only been two documented cases of late sero-conversion in 1995 and 1996. If you would like to learn more about these two extremely rare cases you can contact the CDC at 1.800.232.4636.

The Elisa tests for the presence of HIV antibodies! Since you received a negative result, that means there are no HIV antibodies in your system. NO antibodies means no virus. Overall, your test result should be conclusive and your symptoms are probably attributed to the Flu. So, relax and be safe!!

Suicidal in Joburg
The Window Period