silly aussie boy needs guidance

hi...my last post was a little short, so heres the story....please answer dr bob i need help...what is my risk assessment? can you please provide a rough percentage of the risk of insertive intercourse

i had an unprotected sexual encounter with a chinese hooker of unknown status on xmas day last year....it was penetrative vaginal intercourse which lasted only a minute if not shorter....i immediately urinated and showered afterwards within seconds of the act ending..i am a straight 27 year old male...

since then i have not had any symptons other than guilt and anxiety...i am awaiting my test results which will arrive in 12 hours....if this test is deemed negative as i am praying for,am i relatively safe....? i am not sleeping well and have a baby on the way in 2 months.. for the first time in my life i feel like stopping to smell the roses, but this anxiety is killing me...

i enjoy reading your posts dr bob, your balance of humour and credible info is perfect; its just what i need sometimes..can you also please provide details as to how i can make a donation from here in australia

thanks for being there dr bob, you help us all more than you'll ever know

xx tone

Hey Downunder Tone,

I've given these statistics hundreds of times. The answer to your question (and many others) is already posted in the archives just waiting waiting for you. Briefly, the risk for HIV transmission per episode of receptive vaginal sex with an HIV-positive partner is estimated to be between 0.1% and 0.2%. Your risk would be less, because you were the insertive partner, and we do not know the HIV status of your Chinese hooker.

Donation information (credit cards, checks, direct wire transfers, etc.) can be found on The Foundation's website, www.concertedeffort.org. Do spend some time smelling the roses, as well as petting the koalas, boxing with the kangos, and laughing with the kookaburras. If the taste of vegemite doesn't kill you, I doubt 12 more hours of anxiety will be able to do you in either.

Good luck, Tone. Thanks for your donation!

Stay well.

I had a panic attack last night, HELP !!!!!!!!!!!
Still Scared