Oral sex/no ejaculate

Hi Dr. Bob...Thank you for your insightful answers. This is indeed a wonderful service.

THe data that I have read on the internet from various sources seems to be conflicting. I did read a Round Table Discussion on the Risk of Transmission of HIV from Oral Sex" (with several of the U.S.' top HIV experts). They indicated that there is only a "theoretical" risk of becoming infected with HIV via receptive fellatio without ejaculation.

However, several other reports published suggest conflicting evidence. What is your opinion on this, and can you point me to some additional references or studies?

Thank you so much for your help!

I think the very best we can say here is that oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. All experts will agree on that. There can always be extenuating circumstances and extremely rare things can happen extremely rarely, so to try to narrow the risk down even further is difficult. In general, it is felt that the receptive partner (whether oral, vaginal, or anal) is at higher potential risk than the insertive partner. For references, just check the archives for this forum. I've written about the topic many times.

Oral Sex Studies, Articles and References
How can I possibly be negative?