Thinking about Africa

Dear Calvin,

I am curious is there any way possible that I could go to Africa and help people that are suffering from AIDS/HIV. Do you know of any organizations

Thank you

Response from Mr. Spinks

Hello reader, As far as the HIV/AIDS epidemic is concerned, Sub-Saharan Africa is the region of the world that is most affected by HIV/AIDS. An estimated 26.6 million people are living with HIV/AIDS and approximately 3.2 million new infections occurred in Sub-Saharan Africa in 2003. In just the past year the epidemic has claimed the lives of an estimated 2.3 million Africans. Ten million young people (aged 15-24) and almost 3 million children under 15 are living with HIV. An estimated eleven million children have been orphaned by AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa.

The extent of the epidemic is only now becoming clear in many African countries, as increasing numbers of people with HIV are now becoming ill. In the absence of massively expanded prevention, treatment and care efforts, the AIDS death toll on the continent is expected to continue rising before peaking around the end of the decade. This means that the worst of the epidemic's impact on these societies will be felt in the course of the next ten years and beyond. Its social and economic consequences are already being felt widely not only in health but in education, industry, agriculture, transport, human resources and the economy in general.

So, I applaud you for any efforts you make to impact the epidemic in Africa. There are three websites I urge to read: safaids.org, healthnet.org and especially worldvision.org. It may also be helpful to do a goggle search on international HIV/AIDS jobs or volunteer opportunities. Good luck and be safe!

dr bob stp stp reponds moi! pourquoi vous ne me repondez pas j'ai besoin de vous stp ..stp
Oral Sex Studies, Articles and References