CDC COULD NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION, PLEASE HELP !!!

Dear Doctor Frascino, I called the CDC Hotline with a question about HIV testing and Hepatitis and guess what, they could not answer it. They told me I should ask a doctor, so hear goes. My question is this...Will Hepatitis,( or any medications for that matter), interfear with the accuracy of a HIV antibody test at 6 months after possible exposure. The reason for my concern is that when I tested last week I was asked if I wanted to test for Hepatitis as well. I declined due to lack of funds, but this concerns me now, and since the CDC could not answer my question, I turn to you. Please help, and thank you so much for the help and comfort you provide so many people with. Look for a donation from Virginia. Thanks so much.

Worried in Williamsburg

Hello Worried in Williamsburg,

I'm not sure why the CDC couldn't handle that question, since the answer is very straightforward No! The accuracy of HIV tests will not be altered by hepatitis or medications.

Thanks for the donation! It's desperately needed and warmly appreciated.

Stay well.

Sir...please answer once .. why don't u budge just for once?
Please answer-- will donate to your foundation; I'm desperate