too scared to test and no sex in the meanwhile

Bob

I have written twice in the last mo and am still sleepless but reading through your archives i have learned that 100 buck can save 125 lives of unborn childeren with medication to stop transmission. In a year of visiting your site i never knew that so get the word out. Here is my question a year and a half ago i had unprotected oral sex as the insertive partner and protected vaginal sex with an hiv + (probably) girl that i met at the bar. Within 3-4-5 mo i lost weight, muscle tone, and now have a red dot on my chest and abdoman. could hiv infection cause wasting that quickly. I am worried because i had a cut at the base of my pennis from shaving 5-6 hours earlier that wasnt covered by the condom (could that be a means for trasmission). My body hasn't changed since high school till now and im 34 yrs old so something is wrong. What are my chances of contracting hiv this way? Donation to follow.

Thanks from utah. (I know)

If you are worried about a potential HIV exposure 1 years ago, can you guess what my advice is going to be??? Sorry, I don't buy the too scared to test concept. What could possibly be scarier than living in Utah??? If you've placed yourself at risk, the only way to tell if you've contracted HIV is to get an HIV test. It really is that simple, even in Utah!

Your risk is extremely low oral sex, protected insertive vaginal sex (including the shaving cut 5-6 hours old) with a partner of unknown (although presumed positive) status. Your symptoms are not consistent with ARS. No, HIV disease does not cause wasting within months. If you think something is wrong with your 34-year-old body, go see your doctor. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get HIV tested.

Thank you for the donation. The young lives your donation will help save thank you as well!

One last piece of advice: get out of Utah before it's too late!

Dr. bob, please help the symptoms are real.
Porno magazines, the side of the road, and teenage hormones run amuck! : Our Featured Presentation