just donated!!! please answer can't sleep from worry

Dear Dr. Bob- First of all I would like to say thanks for all the great work you do for us. I hope you can answer my question because I am having lots of anxiety over something stupid I have done. I am a lesbian in a monogamous relationship with my partner of 5 years. On a recent business trip I ended up in a pretty seedy bar with some colleagues. While I was there I was approached by a bartender who was very pushy about offering me a shot. I didnt want to look like a prude so I stupidly let her drink a shot and feed it to me while she kissed me. I swallowed the entire shot from her mouth. I do not know this woman or her hiv status but it seems like she is quite promiscuous. Now I am worried sick that I put myself and my partner at risk. I have read through the forum and know that kissing does not transmit the virus, however I am wondering if the fact that I drank directly from her mouth and it was a big mouthful of fluid that could have possible contained a lot of saliva and blood if her gums were bleeding. Please let me know if you think I should get tested for HIV or any other diseases? thank you so much... Sincerely, a fan of dr. bob

Hello fan,

OK, so sexy bartending Barbarella gives you a free shot without dirtying up a shot glass. That doesn't sound stupid or risky to me. It sounds hot! I see absolutely no reason for concern. This activity would not be considered a risk for HIV transmission, and I do not feel HIV testing is warranted or necessary. Gosh, the free creme brulée the chef at the restaurant sent to me earlier this evening suddenly seems very anticlimactic.

Thank you for your donation! Stay well, girlfriend!

siclilian guy
3 calls to CDC - 3 diff answers - PLEASE help!