how long does it take hiv to show up positive?

In august of 2002 I had uprotected sex with a guy I had been dating for 5 months later that year in december I took a hiv test it came out negitive ion 12/03 i took another test I didnt get the results because Ithink I might be positive because all of sudden I have flu like symthoms how long does it take for hiv to show up positive on a test?

Response from Mr. Spinks

Hello reader, It's my goal to answer as many questions as I can in an informative manner. That's why I need as much information as possible. Can you write back and let me know what type of unprotected sex you participated in? This makes a difference in determining your overall risk. Although, any unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex puts you at risk for HIV infection. So, I'm glad you got tested and according to your information your test was conclusive. Most people seroconvert or test positive within the window period of three months from possible exposure. What makes HIV so tricky is that a lot of the symptoms can be attributed to other conditions or diagnoses. Overall, I think you can relax!!! Take care and be safe!

why doesn't anyone answer me. Please someone answer i'm desperate
Finally Calvin is HERE !