why doesn't anyone answer me. Please someone answer i'm desperate
Mar 7, 2004
hello Dr. Spinks,
i have been writing for some time now and no one ever answers me. I have only a few simple questions that i would greatly appreciate an answer to. thank you
I recently tested negative after 4 months and i am still scared about late seroconversion. I have read many other forums on this topic and as usual i am getting conflicting information. my questions are as follows:
1) What are the chances of someone seroconverting after a 4 month oral sex negative?
2) I read where over 99 of HIV positive people will test so with six weeks of possible exposure and that the 3 month window period is a safety net to catch the late converters. is this true?
3) It seems that most experts say that in order to seroconvert after 3 months someone must have an auto immune disorder or be a drug user or something out to the ordinary like that. What are your comments about this?
Response from Mr. Spinks
Hello crying, Hopefully, today I can relieve some of your fears about your possible exposure last fall. You were absolutely correct in saying the vast majority of people seroconvert within the three-month period and research has shown that. Also, the Center for Disease Control has only had two cases of sero-conversion after the three-month mark. Subsequently, both particular people I'm referring to had occupational exposures. So, I must reiterate that a 12-week Elisa is conclusive. In terms of risk, unprotected oral sex would have placed you in the lower risk category for HIV infection, but in the higher category for STD's. I urge you to keep in mind all sexual transmitted diseases and use oral condoms the next time you have a sexual encounter. Relax and be safe!!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.