Waiting is worse than anything

Dr.Bob,

I know you're really busy and I appreciate the time you take to respond to all of our questions. I'm the guy who had somewhat protected vaginal and unprotected insertive oral with a promiscuous woman, with a cut on my finger.

I had my blood drawn for a test on Tuesday, and I'm going crazy from waiting. I know you'll probably say I have a low risk, but I'm still terrified. I don't know what I'll do if I'm positive, I just don't.

I have learned that you are an accomplished pianist in addition to being an excellent physician, this disease affects people from every walk of life. I hope you're one of the first people to get the cure.

Thank you for everything you do Dr.Bob, I'm hoping that I'll write back to you on Tuesday and tell you I'm woo-hooing.

"Somewhat" protected? Is that like being a "little bit" pregnant?

"Waiting is worse than anything" ..... not sure I can agree with that. Would you like to join me on morning rounds and visit a few folks struggling for their lives because of this disease? I think you might reconsider what is actually "worse".....

If you get a positive test result (which remains highly unlikely, by the way), what you'll do is write to me and also hook up with a compassionate and competent HIV specialist. That's what you'll do! But, I'll bet you won't have to, and instead, will be wildly WOO-HOOing.

Yes, HIV affects people from all walks of life. It's an equal opportunity infector!

Me, one of the first to get the cure? No, I'll wait in line with everyone else. None of us is more worthy or unworthy than anyone else. Just as none of us is any more guilty or innocent for having HIV than anyone else. Let's work for a cure for all and not be satisfied with anything else!

I'm sending you my very best luck so that you'll be able to send me your Tuesday WOO-HOO!

Flu like symptoms on Test day
Thanks a Ton!!!