Flu like symptoms on Test day
Mar 7, 2004
Hi Bob,something strange happened. At day 93 , i came down with runny/blocked nose,hacking cough and coughing out bits of phlegm,slight fever. I went for a blood test two days later at day 95 after last sexual contact and it was negative. The flu sumptoms i mentioned lasted about a week and a half. So would the flu i was having during the blood test affect the result. Is my result conclusive despite the flu ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Flu or flu symptoms will not affect HIV test results. In fact, even Mad Cow Disease won't affect them!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.