Flu like symptoms on Test day
Mar 7, 2004
Hi Bob,something strange happened. At day 93 , i came down with runny/blocked nose,hacking cough and coughing out bits of phlegm,slight fever. I went for a blood test two days later at day 95 after last sexual contact and it was negative. The flu sumptoms i mentioned lasted about a week and a half. So would the flu i was having during the blood test affect the result. Is my result conclusive despite the flu ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Flu or flu symptoms will not affect HIV test results. In fact, even Mad Cow Disease won't affect them!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of A Woman Getting Hiv Unprotected Sex
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- If You Have Sex With A Hiv Postive Person How Long Does It Take To Catch It?
- Can A Cbc Show Signs Of Hiv?
- Can You Have Low Blood Pressure When You Hiv Positive?
- Early Stage Kaposi's Sarcoma
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.