it's me again dr. bob...

hi dr. bob,

it's me, the excessively wordy ocd frat-boy guy.

couple of quick questions for ya. first one being if I send money to your cause do you send any thank yous or other mail to the donor... I can just see it now "hey son, why are you getting mail from an hiv foundation?" I do want to donate but want to make sure that it can remain fairly anonymous.

second question is about your list of suggetions for me. you said to get hiv tested... I was just wondering if that was because I have had unprotected sex before and am therefore at some risk or if it's to calm my worry and move me to the x-files, or if it is because you noticed something in my posting that you think indicates I may be positive (and if so what)??? just wondering.

also, I read on one of your posts that asymptomatic phase usually lasts an average of eight to eleven years... how often does it last less than two years - yeah I know, everybody is different but I'm all about the odds and percentages.

finally... I noticed that you like to watch movies. saw "the passion of the christ" today... absolutely amazing and groundbreaking film... words can't describe it - mel gibson is a genius.

thanks dr. bob

Hi Frat-boy Guy,

First no problem. Just include a note with your check and say you want it to be an anonymous donation and a thank-you will not be sent.

Second unprotected sex. It places you at risk for STD's, including HIV. That's the only reason to be tested.

Third I, too, think that film was amazing. Except I think it is amazingly bad! The violence was pornographic and about as real from a medical standpoint as Dolly Parton's boobs. He would have been dead within the first 15 minutes of the film. I don't think Mel Gibson is a genius. In fact, I think he's probably psychiatrically impaired. Maybe he really is Mad Max!

Good luck on your test.

Very late Woo Hoooo??
Flu like symptoms on Test day