Mr. Spinks! Do you box? risk assessment.

Hi Cal,

Are you of any relation to the famous Spinks family of St. Louis boxing fame?

So cool you are on board to help Dr. Bob and the good people who write in!

I am getting my six month test (i go every half year) and im a little worried about an incident i had. I sucked on a girls nipple and a drop or two of fluid oozed out. It wasn't blood but im not sure if it was breast milk. I wasn't given PEP by the docs and they said it was like 1 in 100 000 chance of HIV transmission. What do you think bro? any advice?

Thanks man Tyrone.

Response from Mr. Spinks

Hey Tyrone,

I'm very happy to be here at The Body and once again I really appreciate the support! Now let's get down to business. Blood, vaginal secretions, breast milk and semen are the fluids that transmit HIV. In your above-mentioned incident you stated that you might have come in contact with breast milk. So, there may have been an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. That's if the fluid was breast milk and it actually got in your mouth. I wouldn't stress out about the incident, but I would continue with the bi-yearly testing schedule to be safe. Thanks and take care!

Oh, I'm related to the boxers, but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with their athleticism!!!

Could this be ICL Dr. Bob?
THE GUY FROM INDIA IS NEGATIVE!