Could this be ICL Dr. Bob?

Okay, a quick rundown of what has basically shut down my life over the last couple of months. Going on 11 years ago, I had several unprotected oral episodes with a female of seriously questionable choice. A month or so later, I came down with a very severe mono-like illness with sore throat, glands swollen to the size of walnuts, and extreme fatigue and high fever. This scared the #@@&* out of me, as you would imagine it would. I got tested and received a negative result. This was in 1993. My cervical nodes stayed enlarged. I re-tested several times before I was able to put the issue to rest. I have had no questionable contacts since that time, as I swore off any and all loose women. Fast forward to 1998. I had a severe yeast intertrigo under my armpit that had to be medically treated. The doctor stunned me by asking if I had been HIV tested. Again, fear reappears and I'm a basket case for a month before I have negative tested enough to feel okay. I actually tracked her down and found out she was healthy (but then again you can always lie and some people would be perfectly healthy at 5 years). Okay fast forward again to 2004. I have recently lost a bit of weight without trying, can eat 5000 calories a day and not see the effects, and have had very small, but bizarre white patches and cracks on the mucosa in my mouth. Some of these will scrape off in the morning. My salivary glands are dry as a bone and seem to be swollen. I'm a wreck, as all reputable sources say that tests don't lie, but my body says something is going on. I just got a PCR test done and it came back negative. I'm about to have my T-cells checked, and I'm also about to test for type O and type 2, as remote as those possibilities may be. My question is this (as if it matters, seeing as how you are still out of luck). Could this be ICL? Or do some other viruses like Epstein-Barr or HHV-6 induce conditions like these and also weaken your immune system? I've also read that it may be possible that there are particles called HERVs that may be triggered by HIV in the majority of cases, but that are actually responsible for the disease.

If I do find that my CD4 count is dangerously low, what do I do about it in the absence of the virus? Just hope I don't die? I've also noticed that there seem to be two distinct groups of hypochondriacs here. One group that will equate ANY symptom to the virus, and a second, more disturbing group (possibly like me) that clearly have something unidentifiable wrong with them that are being called liars to add insult to injury.

Who is calling you a liar? It's not like you claimed to know for sure there were WMD's in Iraq. Or fulfilled your National Guard Duty despite the fact that no one ever say you. Or claimed that making hamburgers really is a manufacturing job. Right? Hypochondriacs are just seriously misguided, like Ralph Nader, not intrinsic pathological liars, like Halliburton. OK?

So could this be ICL? Most likely not, because the condition is very rare, and you don't even have any documentation that your T-cells are low. I'll bet they are quite normal. In fact, I see no reason for you to even get a T-cell test. Nor do I feel tests for extremely rare HIV strains or even PCR for common strains are warranted. As you undoubtedly have read here, oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. You've been testing negative for 11 years now. Your "symptoms" are not indicative of HIV; however, they are quite classic for anxiety. Anxiety is a real condition that requires real treatment. Stop HIV testing. Stop searching for a disease that you cannot possibly have. I strongly advise you to get some counseling to treat your irrational fears. Yes, you clearly have "something wrong." However, it is not "unidentifiable." Get the treatment you need. It's readily available. The only insult you are adding to your injury is ignoring your real problem.

Feel Better.

Re. Are you able to cope alone bob?
Mr. Spinks! Do you box? risk assessment.