GAVE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Bob, I did a selfish thing, I gave blood. Last time I had and type of unprotected sex or sex at all was three years ago. Since then I have had 5 elisa's, and 2Dna tests (5 months ago) all negative (decided to get tested after 3 years because I had been sick a lot lately). So in January I gave blood, I recieved my doner card a week ago which reveals my blood is fine. I am just scared that my blood is infected and the red cross did not find the virus and now some poor child or sick person might die because of me!! Is there any possible way I am infected? I can't get it out of my head. According to my doner card I am a CMV hero, I guess I don't have CMV which some doners have. Since I am a CMV hero my blood is most likely given to infants of low birth weight. Am I crazy Bob? What if I am a rare case where they can't find the virus. Much love and peace, Stacy

Hello Stacy,

Selfish??? No Stacy, you certainly are not at all selfish. Halliburton is selfish; but you are certainly not.

Five negative ELISA's and two negative DNA's out to three years is absolutely, unequivocally, unquestionably negative. The chance that all these tests might miss an HIV infection is similar to that of GeeDubya showing up with The Pope here in San Francisco to get a same-sex marriage license! (And we all know no one would marry the Pope without a Queer Eye type of makeover. And that car (Pope-mobile) has got to go.) So Stacy, please calm down. Your willingness to be a blood donor shows compassion, not selfishness! It seems to me that you're having difficulty accepting the fact that you are HIV-negative, despite a tsunami of irrefutable evidence confirming and reconfirming your negative status. For that reason, I'd recommend you consider getting some professional counseling. I think it would certainly help resolve your irrational fears.

Feel better Stacy.

Doc Bobby - I need you
Oral Sex 17 Years Ago