Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOOO HOOO leons pour l'avenir and some stuff
Feb 21, 2004

Long story cut short... made a mistake a while back and got results from testing -negative. But.... along the way, I learned several lessons that may be of interest to other: - HIV does not discriminate and is not a "punishment for a sinful life" but is rather a bloody statistical badluck if you make a mistake. - Although ecstatic of having tested negative, I now realize that with available medicines, a decision to take control of your life, and medical support, it is possible to have a full, good and meaningful life. - Testing is the only way to know; I nearly took myself to the funny farm by thinking about symptoms, wondering about the odds of being or not being infected, etc. Reading the sensible answers from the exceptional folks in this forum (those at aidsmeds.com are great too) helped me tremendously to get a hold of myself. Thinking of it, I believe that if the general public could be encouraged to read the exchanges on this forum for a few days, this would be the strongest preventive measure against the spread of HIV and would be by far more effective than the usual and soporific recommendations of abstinence.

Sorry for this long message, but I thought this might help somebody else. Et Dr Bob, je vous flicite de votre compassion, de votre humour parfois caustique mais si plein d'esprit. En passant, votre franais s'amliore constamment! Vous mentionnez souvent Sartre et Camus comme auteurs, peut-tre seriez vous intress aux chansons de Brassens (un chanteur trs connu en Europe bien que dcd depuis longtemps). Ses textes sont trs irrvrencieux, parfois grivois, mais plein d'esprit; je pense que vous vous les apprcieriez et plusieurs sont disponibles sur le net. Wish you and Steve to live long and prosper.

Lucky guy in Montral

Response from Dr. Frascino

Bonjour mec de la chance au Montreal!

Je suis d'accord. Les usual and soporific recommendations of abstinence ne sont pas tres utiles. On peut regarder les pretrsses catholiques pour voir que l'abstinence ne marche pas bien ! C'est contre la nature humaine ! Nous sommes tous les etres sexuels sauf Ashcroft. Il est pudibond.

Merci pour tes mots tres gentils. Mon francais est presque aussi mal que l'anglais de Geedubya ! J'ai encore beaucoup a apprendre. Geedubya n'apprendra jamais. Il est nul !

A propos des chansons de Brassens, oui, je les connais et je les adore ! Un peu irreverencieux, oui, mais je suis aussi comme ca. Vive la musique. Vivent les gens et les chansons pleins d'esprit. Et vive le mec de la chance au Montreal.

A+

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is my question too intelligent or too difficult?
Next
Once again, you won't answer me because you know I'm positve

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.