Los Altos Again, with bad news

Robert,

Thanks for your response to my question. It's all a moot point now however as I have tested positive on Elisa, confirmed by Western Blot on a sample taken 24 days post exposure. A bit early I understand for Elisa to test positive, but it did and was confirmed.

I am now entering a world I know nothing about -- like all recently diagnosed HIV+. I do indeed live in Los Altos. I am wondering whether your practice on Altos Oaks sees patients, or if that is merely the center for your foundation? If not, is there anyone at Stanford you can point me to for help or would you recommend going to SF where there seems to be many more medical professionals focused on HIV.

I really am terrified and don't know where to turn. And I would take you up on a latte at Starbuck's, my treat, anytime you want to do it.

Thanks for your previous answer and this forum -- it has been tremendously helpful.

Hello Neighbor!

Sorry to hear about the positive test results. Your next step is to hook up with a certified HIV specialist. The Academy of HIV Medicine has a list that can be accessed on their website, www.aahivm.org. Yes, the Frascino Medical Group on Altos Oaks Drive does indeed see patients and offers compassionate and comprehensive HIV care. Stanford has an HIV clinic and, as you mentioned, there are a variety of excellent providers farther north in San Francisco as well. The choice is yours. Fortunately, you live in a location where excellent HIV services are readily available. Find the practice that best suits your specific needs.

I know finding out you are positive is a shock. You will go thorough a period of adjustment as you accept your new reality and learn to cohabitate with the virus. Things may seem confusing and upsetting at first, but please believe me that things will get better. I'm here if you need me. Let's get through this together, O.K.? One more thing: can I change that order to a nonfat vanilla cappuccino?

Echinacea and HIV testing
Is my question too intelligent or too difficult?