Can the Effects of recreational Drugs be Transmitted Orally?

Dr. Bob, First of all, let me express my gratitude for all you do, and for your amazing representation of us poz guys! You are a true inspiration and your appraoch of humor and fact together is a wonderful way of educating people! (you're also a hottie... but i digress *grin*) My question to you is this - can the effects of recreational street drugs such as speed, heroin or ecstasy be passed on orally through cum? Someone recently mentioned this to me. Thanx!

Hello Digressing Grinning Poz-Stud,

Thanks for your thanks and the complement!

Regarding your question, I'm not sure it's actually been studied scientifically. Can you just imagine the flyers and announcements recruiting study volunteers? "Needed. Guys to get high and more guys needed to suck them off. You must be willing to swallow." O.K., despite the fact there may be a queue around the block of volunteers for this research, it's obviously never going to happen. What we do know is that various drugs that are ingested, snorted, smoked, or shot up, find their way into the blood stream and from there can find their way into the ejaculatory fluid (cum). Whether the "effects could be passed on" via this route would depend on many variables, such as which drug, how much the wired guy actually took, and even how much he spurts. So the question really has no scientific answer, but I did talk to a dude who told me that he's convinced that. . . well, you know.

O.K., stay safe; stay well, and remember, some street drugs don't play well with HIV drugs, and some may have negative consequences on HIV disease itself.

Can I woohoo...I'm not sure.
Buy you a cup?