Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

just say thanks and WOO HOO!

Feb 21, 2004

Dr. Bob, You never posted an answer to my first email, but since it was one of those rambling, long-list of of symptoms emails I didn't really expect one. Anyway, I had a, what I believe you would call, "low risk exposure" (oral sex and swallowing), and I'd say for the last few months I have probably been one of the more severe worry-well cases. But last night, my 13 week test results came back negative...so I wanted to write again to say WOO HOO and thank you SO much for all of the answers you provide and your never ending patience with all the WWs like me out there. Also, I made what little donation I could right now to your organization, which, by the way sounds amazing. Hopefully I can do more in the future. As a music lover and pianist myself, I believe music has it's own healing qualities and to play to raise money to help people is just a phenomenal idea. Thank you for sharing your strength, courage and wisdom with me and so many others!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello fellow pianist,

Sorry I didn't post your previous "rambling, long list of symptoms" question. There are so many that it's impossible to post them all. Hopefully you found another rambling long list that was similar to yours! You'd have lots of competition if you wanted to qualify for "one of the more severe worry-well cases."

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your excellent news. A musical WOO-HOO to you. Let's sing it in harmony, or better yet, we'll write in a clever fugue so we can repeat the theme (WOO-HOO) over and over again!! Maybe even a two-piano, four-hands arrangement?

Thank you for your donation to The Foundation. Pianists are always such generous, compassionate folks! By the way, VHS copies of our latest benefit, A Concerted Effort 2003: A Concert for World AIDS Day, are available from our foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). The event raised an additional $85,000 for AIDS service organizations worldwide. Yes, music does more than sooth the proverbial savage beast. It can actually help conquer the monster -- HIV/AIDS.

Stay well. Keep practicing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
almost an ex worried well
Next
Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.