Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Follow-Up.........
Feb 21, 2004

Hello once again Dr.Frascino and thank you for the quick response. I wrote to you about a month ago about my situation.....continuing cd4 decline at 4 months post exposure, cd4 266 at 27 cd8 289 at 29, tested undetectable on EIA 1&2 and pcr rna ultrasensitive 82 days post exposure. You advised me to see an immunologist (Board Certified). I'm having a difficult time finding one....my doctor referred me to one that deals with allergies more than anything else. My infectious disease doctor has not returned my calls in two weeks to keep me updated on my health. I know he's busy because he also teaches at USC. I'm pretty worried because I work in a large jail and I'm open to many infections in my line of work. I would like to know if you know of anyone in my area that would take up my case. (Los Angeles area) Thank you once again for your help....I feel you are the only doctor that gives me sound advise, and that's all I'm looking for is advise and not a diagnosis, I know it's impossible over the internet. Once again thank you and a donation is on the way on my behalf to a honorable and worthy cause. God Bless

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Some allergists are also trained clinical immunologists; many are not. If your doctor cannot give you a specific name, then I'd suggest you make an appointment at a university medical center (UCLA Medical Center) for your evaluation. The division of Adult Immunology/Rheumatology division should be able to help you. I'm sure there is an answer to your confusing laboratory tests. Idiopathic CD4 lymphocytopenia is a possibility. Keep me posted as your workup progresses, O.K.?

Thank you for your donation! It's refreshing to see people dealing with their own medical mysteries and problems still willing to help those less fortunate. Please accept my warmest appreciation!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Read all the Oral qsts but still cant find...
Next
Can I get a Woo-Hoo?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.