For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hello once again Dr.Frascino and thank you for the quick response. I wrote to you about a month ago about my situation.....continuing cd4 decline at 4 months post exposure, cd4 266 at 27 cd8 289 at 29, tested undetectable on EIA 1&2 and pcr rna ultrasensitive 82 days post exposure. You advised me to see an immunologist (Board Certified). I'm having a difficult time finding doctor referred me to one that deals with allergies more than anything else. My infectious disease doctor has not returned my calls in two weeks to keep me updated on my health. I know he's busy because he also teaches at USC. I'm pretty worried because I work in a large jail and I'm open to many infections in my line of work. I would like to know if you know of anyone in my area that would take up my case. (Los Angeles area) Thank you once again for your help....I feel you are the only doctor that gives me sound advise, and that's all I'm looking for is advise and not a diagnosis, I know it's impossible over the internet. Once again thank you and a donation is on the way on my behalf to a honorable and worthy cause. God Bless

Some allergists are also trained clinical immunologists; many are not. If your doctor cannot give you a specific name, then I'd suggest you make an appointment at a university medical center (UCLA Medical Center) for your evaluation. The division of Adult Immunology/Rheumatology division should be able to help you. I'm sure there is an answer to your confusing laboratory tests. Idiopathic CD4 lymphocytopenia is a possibility. Keep me posted as your workup progresses, O.K.?

Thank you for your donation! It's refreshing to see people dealing with their own medical mysteries and problems still willing to help those less fortunate. Please accept my warmest appreciation!

Read all the Oral qsts but still cant find...
Can I get a Woo-Hoo?