Read all the Oral qsts but still cant find...

Dr. Bob-

You are not of this world as your humor, wit and compassion for others is something I have never seen. Thank you so very much for your work. You are touching so many lives.

With that said, I have read over all the oral sex questions posed to you but still didn't find one that addressed this senario. I was away on business and had to much to drink (big shock right?) and called in for a massage service. I was surprised to find that a man came and one thing lead to another and I had my first experience with a man. I performed oral sex on him and he pulled out and jerked himself off to bring himself to cum. My question is this: I licked some of the cum off of his stomach after he was done. I have read that air neutralizes the virus. That is the only possible reason that I could have been infected. I don't know his HIV status and there was no other sexual acts than the possibility of some cum getting into my mouth after he released onto himself. Not a great deal but possibly some. Of course I like everyone you have ever answered has acquired symptoms two months later. Its funny though that the symptoms are real but didnt start until I started worrying about this one action. I have had no flu like symptoms and the only thing that I feel is some tenderness in my neck (I cannot feel any swollen glands though) and slightly sore throat. I keep reading that oral sex is extremely low risk and wondered if my situation was even lower due to no ejaculation in my mouth and the airborne factor. I don't think I missed any of the qsts posed and it is my hope that you will PLEASE answer this E-mail as it may help others who are nervous about incidental contact with cum in their mouth. By the way, I have no dental or mouth problems that I know of. Please respond and I am going to donate the second I send this E-mail.

Bless you for who you are and for everything you do. The world needs more people like you in it.

D-

Hello D,

I'm "not of this world?" Really? Are my forehead wrinkles getting so prominent that I'm beginning to look like a Klingon? Gosh, is it time for Botox?

O.K., on to your question . . . oral sex, or as you call it, "incidental contact with cum in your mouth." That's interesting phraseology. I'm not sure how licking spunk off a masseur's six-pack is "incidental," -- but if you say so, O.K. If you've read all the previous posts, you should realize that the risk of HIV transmission from oral sex (incidental or otherwise) is extremely low. Air doesn't exactly "neutralize the virus," but HIV, for a variety of reasons, cannot survive very long outside the body. Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV-ARS. All in all, I'd say your risk was almost negligible, and that your degree of your worry and concern is unwarranted. If you decide to get HIV testing (and I'm not implying that you need to), make sure you wait a full three months; otherwise, the results won't be considered definitive.

Thank you for your donation! I promise your one gift will indeed touch many lives. Please accept my personal gratitude!

VALTREX AND HIV
Follow-Up.........