Can the viral load determin the duration of infection

I am a 29 year old women and tested positive in December 2003. My viral load was 1800 in January. I got tested negative in April 2001 and had my last sexual encounter appr. 4 month prior my test in May. I didnt have any sex since. I dont know how I got infected. Can you say by the viral load when approx. the infection took place. I go frequently to the doctor since I have a problem with my heart.

No, just a single viral load test does not allow us to even hazard a guess as to when an infection occurred. You could get a test called a detuned ELISA, which would let you know if your infection was recent (within the past several months). Perhaps that will help. Of course, the important thing now is not what happened in the past, but how you are doing today and how you can stay healthy for the future. Work closely with your HIV/AIDS specialist.

Get tested
HIV by BMT?