Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Please help: Donation promised to www.concertedeffort.org

Good day, I am a male from a malaria region.I was recently involved in a hig risk HIV behaviour(Condom broke).3 weeks later i had fever,headcahe,vomitting(Twice)---all the symptoms associated with MALARIA. There was no rash,No sore throat,No enalarged lymph node--(i read that these 3 symptoms along with fever are the most common with Acute Retroviral syndrome).I took a malaria drug and the illness went.The illness lasted for 4-5 days.I want to believe i had malaria since i didnt have the common symptoms of ARS.I would like to know if a malaria drug(Fansidar) would treat an individual with Acute Retrovirla Syndrome or if it would work only if you have malaria. Because immediately i took the drug i started feeling fine.Please Reply.

No, Fansidar is not a treatment for HIV-ARS, nor would it be expected to have any effect on ARS symptoms.

That said I should also mention that symptoms can never be relied on to diagnose or rule out HIV disease. If you had a potential exposure, the only way to know if you've been infected is to have an HIV test in three months or more.

To the wise and handsome Dr. Bob: Please enlighten me!
A Message from England