pressured sex and HIV

dear bob,

I'm sorry to keep On e-mailing you, but I really need help. I'm a female who was sexually assaulted, and I'm terrified about HIV. What happened was this guy did unprotected oral sex on me against my will. I didn't see any blood in his mouth, but I didn't get to thoroghly examine it, either. I also got some of his semen on my index finger, but I wiped it off on his shirt, then, approximately 4 seconds later, I touched my labia minora with that finger that once had semen on it. I had no cuts on that finger, nor on any fingers, but I didn't get to see exactly how much semen I'd wiped off, although I'm sure most of it was gone. He also fingered me, and pinned me down and french-kissed me.I've heard HIV lasts for quite a while outside the body, and I'm afraid I'm infected, and that I will test positive. I'm very upset, and I'd really, REALLY appreciate it if you can respond to me. I'm not a person who messes around, and this guy did it against my will, and HIV will be my punishment. What's my risk for HIV from that whole experience? I've tested negative for Gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis at 27 days after this incident, and I've had the 3 shots of my hepatitis B vaccine before this happened. Oh, the guy didn't have any sores or blisters on his mouth, either. Please tell me about my HIV risk. Thank you.

PS: You're a great guy, and I wish you love, peace, and happiness. God bless you and Steve. Please give Steve my regards.

Sincerely, terrified female

Hello Terrified Female,

Questions about possible HIV transmission need to be sent to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum, not here (Fatigue/Anemia Forum). Consequently, I'll only answer very briefly, and refer you to the other forum for further information, or if you have additional questions.

HIV does not last for "quite a while outside the body." In fact, it doesn't survive outside the body very long at all! Your risk of acquiring HIV from the activity you describe, including receiving oral sex, is extremely, extremely low. If you decide to get HIV tested, wait for three months after the event to make sure your result is definitive. However, based on what you told me, I see no reason for excessive worry or concern.

going for the immunologist for the tiebreaker.
fatigue from time to time