Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Even Janet's boob didn't cheer me up...
Feb 15, 2004

Funny how the NFL didn't want to put on Bono singing about AIDS awareness, but showed the entire world a boob at halftime...

Anyway Dr. Bob (you rock!) i desperately need your advice, as i'm going out of my mind with differing advice. In December I recieved a protected oral from a woman, fingered her (with no cuts on my fingers, checked before and after), and may have touched my penis after i fingered her (but i'm pretty sure i wiped the fluids off on my jeans before). I heard from some sources that my behavior was NO risk and no need for testing, while others have told me that i should get tested. I did get a 6 week negative and now i need to know if i should get a 13 week test. Was what i did risky? Once again, protected oral sex (i inserted), deep kissing, fingering, and maybe vaginal fluids on my penis (i didn't have any open cuts on my penis). Thanks Dr. Bob! BTW i have made donations to HIV clinics in town and i'm a social worker who works with adolescents, and AIDS/HIV prevention will DEFINETLY be in my work from now on! signed, "bigger boob then Janet"

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Actually I find the fallout from Janet's "fallout" very amusing, as does most of the civilized world.

From what you've told me, I'd say your risk of HIV transmission is essentially nonexistent. Whether or not to get an HIV test is a personal decision. I can only let you know if your risk was significant. In this case, I say, "No, it was not!"

Stay safe and you'll stay well. I hope Bono keeps crooning and I also hope that all our wardrobes only fail on cue!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Wildly Woo-hooing Woman??
Next
unethical?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.