Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

neg after 110 days still have sore lymph nodes
Feb 11, 2004

I have sent you several e-mails and still have not got the go ahead to yell WooHoo. I am the one that had unprotected insertive and receptive anal intercourse with the military guy who claimed he got tested and was negative after I freaked out. Seven or eight days after our adventure I came down with the worst case of strep throat I ever had, than after 3 days of a Z-pak I was still running fever and went to see the Dr and she changed it to Penn VK, which caused me to get severe stomach problems that she called antibiotic induced gastro problems, put me on Flagyl for 10 days and checked me for HIV (my request) that was 39 days after the possible exposure. Well I continued to stress about it and went for STD testing and they said I had NGU and gave me some more antiobiotics, which cleared it up. I than tested again at 80 days neg and again at 110 days neg also. I still feel like my lymph nodes feel sore sometimes, neckache,dry skin and keep getting sore spots on my gums. Can you please answer me and tell me if 110 days after this possible exposure if I can yell WooHoo? I am having alot of anxiety over this and need to here it from the best.

Thank you. Dennis

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Dennis,

If you've checked the archives of this forum, you'd find I've advised folks in situations like yours a gazillion times already that testing negative three months after a potential exposure is considered definitive. You've tested repeatedly negative up to 110 days. Did you think my advice to you would be different than those other gazillion cases? Whatever is causing your residual symptoms, it's not HIV. OK? Yes, yell "WOO-HOO" with my blessings. And now folks, that makes a gazillion and one in the archives!!!

Stay well, Dennis.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Earliest HIV Test While Under PEP
Next
Dr. Bob PRINT THIS OUT AND SHOW IT TO THEM( the makers of the website that is)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.