Ex-Worried Well Needs Advice! God Bless Dr. Bob

Dear Dr. Bob,

You are the best. I received your responce regarding receptive oral sex with a guy w/ejaculation and I'm doing alot better now. I was 85 days pasted exposure and test Negative though a standard Elisa test. I only tested once and unless told otherwise I won't be doing anymore.

Now on to a new dilemma. Yesterday my G/f of 3 years and I sent out her HIV test through FedEx using the Home Access Express Kit. It was pretty simple to do but I was alittle concerned because I had to lance two of her fingers and I don't know if I got enough blood onto the card to get an accurate result. We should know in a few days. Also I should mention her exposure was muliple incidents of unprotected vaginal sex with a b/f she had before me. This was over 3 years ago. To date his staus is unknown.

I plan on asking her to marry me this Valentine's Day and for us to both test Negative would be an awesome Valentines present and a HUGE WOO HOO!!.. Lets hope that happens..

Any advise you can give hope be most appreciated. I love what your foundation is doing and I'm doing to donate what I can on a regular basis:)..

God Bless,

Ex-worried wart

Hello Ex-Worried Wart,

Congratulations on your negative test. That 85-day test is definitive. WOO-HOO!

Regarding your girlfriend, that test requires very little blood, but if you didn't get enough out (even with lancing two fingers ouch!), they will let you know.

I'm sincerely hoping your awesome Valentine's present is in the mail and your huge WOO-HOO is on its way!

Thank you for your donations! They will be put to excellent use saving lives and providing crucial services to those struggling with HIV/AIDS around the world. To those folks, you have become their Very Special Valentine!

The Medical Mystery Tour
it's me, from Indonesia again