Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOOOOHOOOO...worried wells a must read
Feb 6, 2004

Hi Doc, no need to post this but I think it will help a lot of us Worried Wells out there.

here's my story: please read it all the way through until the HAPPY ending

Between 1999 and 2002 I receivied 4 unprocteded BJ's from 4 different sex workers. Then between 2002-2003 I had 4 protected vaginal intercourses with 4 differente sex workers. Note the common denominator: "Sex Workers". Anyway, a while back I started developing "symptoms". So this is why I wanted all the worried well's out there to read this, I had what I thought was oral thrush, I had what I thought were first signs of CMV and what I thought were shingles. I never experienced flu-like symptoms but still I was worried sick. I have been living this nightmare for 4 years and never did had the guts to get tested. Well, since visiting this forum and receiving advice from a friend I decided to get tested this year. (My last protected vaginal episode was in september 2003). I won't lie to you WW's, I was soiling my pants all the way to the clinic. I prayed to God every single day and also to the Virgin Mary (I'm catholic) and to St. Jude, St. Pius and St. Peter of Bethancourt. As you can see I was really, really, scared. So long story short, I got tested yesterday and got my results in 4 1/2 hours. well what do you think.................NEGATIVE!!!! wooohooooo!!!! So here are my final thoughts since this is the last time I'll be visiting this great site:

1) DO NOT Self-diagnose, you are not a doctor and no matter how many research you do on-line or off you cannot diagnose HIV+ based on symptoms.

2) If you have doubts, GET TESTED right away, don't wait 4 years like I did. I have wasted countless opportunities to be happy.

3) TRUST IN GOD, have faith in him and in his allmighty power, if you are a catholic, (and even if you aren't) PRAY to the Virgin Mary, she will gide you.

4) Listen to Dr. Bob, he KNOWS what he's talking about.

Congratulations on a great site, it really helped me when I hit rock bottom. I'm from Guatemala, Central America, so I'll be making a donation to our local Aids Organization since they really need it bad down here.

And, as a closing promise, I'll make sure to do MY part to create awareness for this dreadful disease and pray to God for a quick cure.

I love you all.....!!!!

X-Worried Well from GTM!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Guatemala-Guy,

Congratulations! There's nothing like a happy ending! (Including, of course, those happy endings at the end of a great massage!) Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. I'll add it to our rapidly expanding X-File (ex-worried well file). Thanks also for doing your part to battle the global pandemic!

Stay well. We love you, too!

Dr. Bob

Previous
woohoooo
Next
Endoscopy and Hep C - please answer, asked so many times!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.