WOOOOHOOOO...worried wells a must read

Hi Doc, no need to post this but I think it will help a lot of us Worried Wells out there.

here's my story: please read it all the way through until the HAPPY ending

Between 1999 and 2002 I receivied 4 unprocteded BJ's from 4 different sex workers. Then between 2002-2003 I had 4 protected vaginal intercourses with 4 differente sex workers. Note the common denominator: "Sex Workers". Anyway, a while back I started developing "symptoms". So this is why I wanted all the worried well's out there to read this, I had what I thought was oral thrush, I had what I thought were first signs of CMV and what I thought were shingles. I never experienced flu-like symptoms but still I was worried sick. I have been living this nightmare for 4 years and never did had the guts to get tested. Well, since visiting this forum and receiving advice from a friend I decided to get tested this year. (My last protected vaginal episode was in september 2003). I won't lie to you WW's, I was soiling my pants all the way to the clinic. I prayed to God every single day and also to the Virgin Mary (I'm catholic) and to St. Jude, St. Pius and St. Peter of Bethancourt. As you can see I was really, really, scared. So long story short, I got tested yesterday and got my results in 4 1/2 hours. well what do you think.................NEGATIVE!!!! wooohooooo!!!! So here are my final thoughts since this is the last time I'll be visiting this great site:

1) DO NOT Self-diagnose, you are not a doctor and no matter how many research you do on-line or off you cannot diagnose HIV+ based on symptoms.

2) If you have doubts, GET TESTED right away, don't wait 4 years like I did. I have wasted countless opportunities to be happy.

3) TRUST IN GOD, have faith in him and in his allmighty power, if you are a catholic, (and even if you aren't) PRAY to the Virgin Mary, she will gide you.

4) Listen to Dr. Bob, he KNOWS what he's talking about.

Congratulations on a great site, it really helped me when I hit rock bottom. I'm from Guatemala, Central America, so I'll be making a donation to our local Aids Organization since they really need it bad down here.

And, as a closing promise, I'll make sure to do MY part to create awareness for this dreadful disease and pray to God for a quick cure.

I love you all.....!!!!

X-Worried Well from GTM!!

Hello Guatemala-Guy,

Congratulations! There's nothing like a happy ending! (Including, of course, those happy endings at the end of a great massage!) Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. I'll add it to our rapidly expanding X-File (ex-worried well file). Thanks also for doing your part to battle the global pandemic!

Stay well. We love you, too!

woohoooo
Endoscopy and Hep C - please answer, asked so many times!