Thanks for the response...One final WOO-HOO!

Dear Dr. Bob,

Thanks for responding to my last emial. It helped me get through the last few tough weeks before my CONCLUSIVE results. After receiving a negative result at 82 days, I tested at 120 days or 4 months with a likewise NEGATIVE result. Needless to say, you can now add me to your x-worried well file. Here's a big and long over due Woo-friggin-Hoo!!!!!

Now for all the worried wells, I have the following to say: No matter how significant or insignificant your exposure, worrying about possible symptoms while spending hours on the internet does not increase or decrease your risk of acquiring the virus. The time spent worrying and stressing over possible exposure doesn't help you determine if you are infected. Anxiety and stress only weaken your body, which invaribly causes the myriad of "aches, pains, congestion, coughs, night sweats, fevers, tingling sensations, rashes, blisters, marks, and spots" worried wells experience. At the end of the day, only an HIV test after the recommended three month window period will provide a DEFINITIVE answer on whether or not you are infected. As Dr. Bob likes to say, "it really is that simple."

Don't get me wrong. I have been in your shoes and have walked the mile. After one night of sex with a woman of unknown status, I thought the world had ended, and I had acquired the virus. Worried every day for four months. Not a moment passed that I didn't think about the virus. I checked this site practically every day. Hoping Dr. Bob would either answer my specific email, or post an answer to my exact question. I thought every slight problem with my body represented a symptom I found on the internet.

Well, four months after the possible exposure, I'm negative, and I'm longing for those four months back. Don't make the same mistake. Let go of the mouse, and back away from the keyboard. If you think you screwed up, stop "looking for the virus" and continue "living your life." Three months from now, go grab a HomeAccess test and settle the issue once and for all. Period. End of story. I promise, you'll thank me later.

Well, Dr. Bob. Although I love your site and your dedication to helping people, I don't plan on visiting again. I'm through with this self-inflicted misery, and I'm now looking forward to the future. Thanks again for all the help, which made the last four months slightly easier to handle. If not for you, I don't know what I would have done. As promised, expect a donation. Anything to help you continue to fight the fight. Good luck with your life and mission. My prayers and support go out to you and others inflicted with the illness, and hopefully one day we'll find a cure. Now, if we could only get Geedubya out of office...well, that's another email.

So long from Texas.

Please post.

Congratulations! Yippy-eye-eh (or whatever it is you Texans like to holler when you get excited).

Thank you for taking the time to tell your story. I couldn't agree more with your wise words, cowboy. I hope all the potential future X-Filers will listen up!

Thank you also for your generous donation. Working together, our concerted efforts can and will make a difference.

Finally, to all worried wells reading this, you can clearly see this cowboy knows what he's talking about. Listen to him:

1. The only way to diagnose HIV is to get tested.

2. Get Geedubya out of office.

3. Don't mess with Texas.

Stay well. Thanks again, cowboy.

Lesbians and HIV
Another Republican, but not a Bush republican.