Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sleepless in Texas
Jan 31, 2004

I first want to thank you for your forum. Your sense of humor and educating words have eased my anxiety, guilt and pain. I like many other (I now realize after finding your forum) have made a mistake that has causd me great anguish. I have been married for 11 years now, I love my wife very much. That being said I was out of town in October 03 and succumbed to temptation. I had unprotected sex with a woman i just met (status unkwown). It couldn't have been 10 seconds that I inserted my penis when i backed out and apologized for my actions, I could'nt go through with it. I then jumped on the the "guilt wagon". i was convinced I had contracted some sort of STD, all i could imagine was my wife being infected because of me. I took all the tests (q-tip trick really was no fun), all negative, hiv test after 6 weeks negative. I find myself thinking every little ache and pain is HIV related. Sore thigh muscles, sore throat, mild fever, dry mouth, Oh yeah can't forget MALISE (the feeling of feeling sick?). I will be taking the 3 month test on January 28th. I am looking foward to a great WOO-HOO. My question is my 3 month test conclusive enough for me to let this go? Again I want to thank you and your many folks that write in. I don't know how far off the edge I would have gone if not for your forum. I have been educated more in the past month about this dreadful disease than my previous 36 years. I will continue to donate to your efforts as well as become more active in my local chapter for HIV education.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Sleepless in Texas,

Well today is January 28, which means you should be getting your three-month test and getting ready to jump off the "guilt wagon" with a glorious full-throated, ferociously committed Texan WOO-HOO! The odds are all in your favor. (By the way, I'm sure everyone who's had "the pleasure" would agree with you about that Q-tip test!)

Thank you for your donation to my foundation. They help more than you would ever imagine. On behalf of all those who have been touched by your generosity, please accept my warmest appreciation.

I've got a spot saved for you in the X-Files (ex-worried wells). I'll be waiting for your good news. Now please do a little Texan Two Step away from that "edge," OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
I am going to sue every doctor I have seen.
Next
Can I break a bottle?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.