The Miracle of Life

Hi Dr. Bob: I have written to you several times now (lady lamenting over one time use of lambskin condom?) and have not received a reply. You are so deluged by questions it is a miracle to me that you answer as many people as you do. I am no longer looking for answers.

I have been reading this forum for some time and I have to say that you are one of THE most inspiring individuals I have come to 'know' (in as much as I can know you through your responses to stranger's questions) It may surprise you to find that my primary reason for feeling this way is not because you are HIV positive and living with the virus.

It is because of the wealth of compassion and humor that seems to ooze out of your every pore! Your sense of striving for public education about HIV and your compassion in quelling irrational fears about the virus (while simultaneously educating with humor) are traits that simply embue you with enormous integrity - the likes of which we don't get too see often enough these days.

I can't say enough how reading your column has helped give me hope in the goodness/strength of human nature in general. You are a rare blessing to the many lives you touch...don't ever forget that.

While I wait for my 3 month test - to be done first week of Feb., I will keep in mind some of the very heartfelt comments you have made over the months remembering that, really, it is only in giving that we truly receive.

Thanking you deeply,

- Lamenting Lambskin Lady

Hi Lamenting Lambskin Lady,

I'm sorry if I have not responded to your previous question. The "deluge" of questions has now been upgraded to a full-fledged tsunami! Hopefully you found the information you needed about lambskin condoms in the archives. (Briefly, they are protective for preventing pregnancy, but not as effective as latex or polyurethane for preventing HIV.)

The first week of February is just around the corner. Everyone reading this forum and I will be sending you our very best karma and cosmic luck for a negative test result! The odds are definitely in your favor. I'll keep all fingers crossed (which makes typing rather challenging, by the way) until we hear back from you. We'll hope that LLL (Lamenting Lambskin Lady) will soon be transformed into WWW (Wildly WOO-HOOing Woman).

new family man that might have done the worst
Mrs.