Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The Miracle of Life
Jan 25, 2004

Hi Dr. Bob: I have written to you several times now (lady lamenting over one time use of lambskin condom?) and have not received a reply. You are so deluged by questions it is a miracle to me that you answer as many people as you do. I am no longer looking for answers.

I have been reading this forum for some time and I have to say that you are one of THE most inspiring individuals I have come to 'know' (in as much as I can know you through your responses to stranger's questions) It may surprise you to find that my primary reason for feeling this way is not because you are HIV positive and living with the virus.

It is because of the wealth of compassion and humor that seems to ooze out of your every pore! Your sense of striving for public education about HIV and your compassion in quelling irrational fears about the virus (while simultaneously educating with humor) are traits that simply embue you with enormous integrity - the likes of which we don't get too see often enough these days.

I can't say enough how reading your column has helped give me hope in the goodness/strength of human nature in general. You are a rare blessing to the many lives you touch...don't ever forget that.

While I wait for my 3 month test - to be done first week of Feb., I will keep in mind some of the very heartfelt comments you have made over the months remembering that, really, it is only in giving that we truly receive.

Thanking you deeply,

- Lamenting Lambskin Lady

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Lamenting Lambskin Lady,

I'm sorry if I have not responded to your previous question. The "deluge" of questions has now been upgraded to a full-fledged tsunami! Hopefully you found the information you needed about lambskin condoms in the archives. (Briefly, they are protective for preventing pregnancy, but not as effective as latex or polyurethane for preventing HIV.)

The first week of February is just around the corner. Everyone reading this forum and I will be sending you our very best karma and cosmic luck for a negative test result! The odds are definitely in your favor. I'll keep all fingers crossed (which makes typing rather challenging, by the way) until we hear back from you. We'll hope that LLL (Lamenting Lambskin Lady) will soon be transformed into WWW (Wildly WOO-HOOing Woman).

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
new family man that might have done the worst
Next
Mrs.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.