new family man that might have done the worst

Dear DR. BoB,

I've also written to you a couple of times with no answer back. I know your busy, but this thirty yearold with a dangerous job is about to go nuts with out a answer from you. Here goes, September 18th, 2003 received oral sex from a female sex wrkr that didn't look that great.(I know you're saying read the archives)but wait. 4.5 weeks after here comes the sorethroat, and i mean a real sorethroat for 9 weeks, hotflashes, some wierd skin conditions on my legs, real reddish skin all the time, and the biggest one of all is the servere muscule aches in my hamstrings and calves, sometimes my forearms. that symptom hasn't gone away for 13.5 weeks now. Anyway its funny to me that the CDC says "get tested at 6 month with a risky exposure." that doesn't make in since, because if you got it, you got it!!! Whether it was from oral, intercourse, needle prick, or anal.. Well anyways i work in the electricity field, which is very dangerous. you can easily kill yourself or someone else. That is why I'm writing to you, because the anxeity and all the inconsistincy i read on the internet about hiv is ridiculous. It's like people don't know anything forsure about hiv. Well, I beleive you. So here goes. Had oraquicks hiv antibody tests done on me at 6,8,10,11,12,13 weeks and at 4 months. My family doctor did blood work on me 3,6,and 12 weeks after incident, all in the normal ranges. Just went to see the infectious disease doctor and got an hiv RNA and CD4 and CD8 tests done, still waiting for the results. Anyway Doc, all my family and i want to know is this nightmare over or not so we can forgive and forget and go on being happy. My doctor says I don't have, ER doctor tells me "you just don't get it that way" and 5 hiv counselor where I get tested at say I don't have anyyything to worry about. Please answer Dr. Bob, I have a beautiful 16 month old that need an answer from you to... thank you....

And lead me the way to donate. Thanks again

Same old story. Same old response. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal disease. An HIV test at three months is considered definitive. Your tests at 6, 8, 10, and 11 weeks, therefore, would not be considered definitive. Your tests at 12, 13 weeks, and four months would. I see absolutely no reason to get RNA testing or CD4 and CD8 tests performed.

Your doctor, the ER doctor, and five HIV counselors have told you that you have nothing to worry about. What exactly were you expecting me to say? You ask, "Is this nightmare over?" The nightmare should have ended with a single test at 12 weeks. Your symptoms are not consistent with ARS.

So to sum up, you had minimal risk, symptoms not suggestive of ARS, a dozen or so negative HIV tests, and multiple physicians/counselors advising you that you are negative. Tell me again why you need an answer form me? Which part of "you don't have HIV" are you having difficulty understanding? My advice is simple: Stop testing; stop chasing a disease you do not have. Consider getting some counseling to help you cope with your totally irrational fears. That's the only way I see for you to wake up from your self-inflicted nightmare.

Good luck. Feel better. Remember, HIV is not your problem.

Thank you for your willingness to donate to my foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

DO YOU REMEMBER ME? TORONTO GUY? THOUGHT I WAS FINE BUT ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE
The Miracle of Life