Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WHOOHOO!!!!! (Please?)
Jan 24, 2004

Can I please Woohooo!!! I got an 88 day negative today by Oraquick/Oralsure (the pin prick one).

Here is a quick summary:

Exposure: Ill-advised encounter with a sex worker in Thailand which involved kissing, rather brief unprotected insertive oral sex, and protected intercourse (condom did not break or slip).

Symptoms (All starting at around 9 weeks): Red spotty, rarely-itchy rash all over my chest (persists, doctor says folliculitis) Swollen glands in my neck (which went away in a few days). Diahrea for one day the day after the rash showed up Sore throat Fatigue Very low fever a few times Postnasal drip (Constant) Cough (Almost gone now)

Testing History:

19 days - p24 antigen and hiv antibody - both negative 5 week - Neg Antibody 6 week- Neg Antibody 8.5 weeks - Neg Antibody 77 days Neg Antibody 88 days - NEGATIVE!!! Conclusive! Right!!??

Post-Test Concern: Today after my test, I talked to GF who tells me she has flu - headache, chills, severe fatigue, and diahrea. This is 17 days after we last had sex (always protected). I can be sure that what she has really is the flu right, and not conversion sickness from me, right? I mean 88 days, negative.

The nurse/counselor told me my results were conclusive, and no need to retest.

I just want to hear it from you Dr. Bob. Can I Woohoo!!! And Yabadabado!

Working hard to accept my results and become an ex-worried well, -t

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

All tests before three months would be considered inconclusive. Your 88-day negative test is definitive.

Yabba-dabba-do-woo-hoo to you.

Your girlfriend sounds like she has the flu! After all, the most common reason for flu symptoms is indeed the flu, right?

Welcome to the X-Files.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Different Aussie with Concerns
Next
FROM WORST WORRY-WELL EVER TO THE BIGGEST WOO-HOO!!!! (a worry well's must see)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.