Bob is the role model

" In 1991, while performing a routine medical procedure on a patient with HIV infection, Dr. Frascino sustained a hollow-bore needle stick and laceration, resulting in his seroconversion to HIV positive".

Dear Bob, It's been 13 years since you experienced that ordeal. How do you manage to cope with everyday life. What can we do to live our life normally with a noose hanging around our necks. Has your health in any way deteriorated in the past 13 years ? Are you still feeling healthy ? Any advice on how to sustain this health ? Can we live over 20 years with the medicines available to us today ?

1. How do I cope with everyday life? Love, laughter, music, coffee, and helping others less fortunate than I am.

2. What can we do to live our life normally with a noose hanging around our necks? Try accessorizing the noose into a clever necklace and use it as a fashion statement.

3. Has your health in any way deteriorated in the past 13 years? Yes, of course there have been some changes. But do you know anyone HIV-positive or negative who is exactly the same as 13 years ago? OK, other than Dick Clark?

4. Am I still feeling healthy? I guess that depends on your definition of healthy. I'd say my health would compare favorably to the average massively obese, cigarette smoking, NRA card carrying, right-wing wing-nut bigot from any of the square states.

5. Advice on how to sustain this health? See my response to #1 above plus regular visits to your HIV specialist.

6. Can we live over 20 years with the medicines available to us today? I certainly hope so. Let's give it a try, shall we?

ReI find this hard to believe
Re-infection?