|Bob is the role model
Jan 22, 2004
" In 1991, while performing a routine medical procedure on a patient with HIV infection, Dr. Frascino sustained a hollow-bore needle stick and laceration, resulting in his seroconversion to HIV positive".
Dear Bob, It's been 13 years since you experienced that ordeal. How do you manage to cope with everyday life. What can we do to live our life normally with a noose hanging around our necks. Has your health in any way deteriorated in the past 13 years ? Are you still feeling healthy ? Any advice on how to sustain this health ? Can we live over 20 years with the medicines available to us today ?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. How do I cope with everyday life? Love, laughter, music, coffee, and helping others less fortunate than I am.
2. What can we do to live our life normally with a noose hanging around our necks? Try accessorizing the noose into a clever necklace and use it as a fashion statement.
3. Has your health in any way deteriorated in the past 13 years? Yes, of course there have been some changes. But do you know anyone HIV-positive or negative who is exactly the same as 13 years ago? OK, other than Dick Clark?
4. Am I still feeling healthy? I guess that depends on your definition of healthy. I'd say my health would compare favorably to the average massively obese, cigarette smoking, NRA card carrying, right-wing wing-nut bigot from any of the square states.
5. Advice on how to sustain this health? See my response to #1 above plus regular visits to your HIV specialist.
6. Can we live over 20 years with the medicines available to us today? I certainly hope so. Let's give it a try, shall we?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.