Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My conclusions based on extensive research of the archives...
Jan 22, 2004

...is that my risks for infection are minimal, theoretical at best, for STI's like HIV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.

SCENARIO: Exposed penis briefly in contact with exposed vagina through grinding - no penetration, mutual masturbation with no visible cuts or abrasions (fingering & hand-job) and heavy kissing (once again, another stupid stripper story).

MY INTERPRETATION OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THE ARCHIVES AS THEY PERTAIN TO THIS SCENARIO: 1) STI's like HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea should be considered if there was unprotected anal, vaginal or, in very rare cases, oral sex defined by inserting the penis into the anas, vagina or mouth. I.E. "...UPS man knocking on the door doesn't mean the package will get inside the house..." Also, STD's are not known to be spread through the mutual masturbation or heavy kissing. 2) It is possible for other STD's to spread via the grinding scenario above like herpes, warts, syphilis, etc. but the lack of any symptoms after 2.5 months has allowed me to rule these types of STD's out. 3) STD screening is probably not necessary based upon the above scenario unless I am seeking peace of mind. The money that would be required for testing would probably be better spent on HIV treatment for those infected. 4) Anxiety, guilt and fear are all extremely powerful emotions. If you let them get out of control, they can be quite debilitating.

MY NEXT STEPS 1) Forgive myself, accept the fact that people make mistakes. Learn from those mistakes. 2) Educate others about the myths and facts of safe sex that I've learned on TheBody.com 3) Move on with my life; don't dwell on this one episode of poor judgment. 4) As long as my conclusion about not needing testing is not mistaken, send in donation.

Dr. Bob,

I hope this message finds you well and does not take too much of your time. Thank you for everything that you do! By the way, this message, whether or not you post it to your website, has been very therapeutic - sorry to be cheesy, but I had to mention it.

Thank you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Congratulations! You get an A+ on your archival research project! I totally agree! Thanks for the Cliff Notes version of over a gazillion posts! Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hey F**K that guy: A Opened minded redneck loves bob.
Next
DO YOU WANT TO MARRY ME ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.