PLEASE. 13 and 1/2 years of worrying have me close to the edge

I'm the guy who wrote the novel on Sept 11 of this year. Title was: One BIG DONATION from me for one reply from you? Please take apeek at it as well as your response. Anyway, at that time I was mid-course on Nystatin. It did the trick eventually but now I have the oral thrush again. What hope do I have. Don't get me wrong because I read your response loud and clear BUT why, or more importantly, HOW do I have oral thrush if it's not HIV infection. I'm not elderly,I'm 36, I'm not Diabetic, haven't take any Antibiotics,and I just can't seem to understand how I'm supposed to believe its not HIV unless other possible causes of oral thrush are invisibly written between the lines in every article I read about the causes of oral thrush

Which part of "You don't have HIV" don't you understand? Would it help if I told you thrush can, and often does, occur with a wide array of conditions, and that the vast majority of cases of thrush have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. You may have read my first response "loud and clear," but apparently you didn't believe it. My response remains exactly the same. HIV is not your problem. Change your shorts and make an appointment with a therapist. Bring a copy of your questions and my responses.

Regarding donations they should be made only as a result of your generosity, compassion, and desire to help others not in an attempt to get me to post a response to your questions. OK?

I'll post a copy of your original question and my reply below.

Feel better,

Question:

Dr. Bob, here's the deal. I'm a male. April 28th,1990, brief (like 10-20 seconds)unprotected vaginal sex with a female prostitute. Brief because for some reason it was painful, felt like my urethra was being pulled open from both sides. She then performed oral on me instead. Had a redness to my urethra shortly thereafter and it stuck around for about 4 days. Worried because I had a pronounced loss of libido after a few weeks. Got sick as hell, fever, painful neck glands both sides, drinking a sip of water nearly made my cry in pain for about a week, coughed up brown crap from my chest for probably a week but this illness wasn't until August 1990. Got tested at an HIV clinic September 24th, 1990, negative. Had some extremely painful glands in the neck a few times October 1990, November 1990, these occasions were one-sided. Tested again in January 1991, same clinic, negative. Woohoo! Got married in 1994. Place your LIFE on a stack of bibles and bet on the following several facts: My wife was a virgin when we got married. We not only live together, but work together, and believe it or not, have NEVER spent a day apart. Faithful to each other? Bet your LIFE on it. Sounds corny for a guy to say but ours is as true a love as there ever existed. Neither she nor I have ever used any form of drugs, neither intravenously(with the exception of my wife having received and epidural during child-birth #1) nor orally. Neither she nor I have ever received a blood transfusion. I was a virgin until my hormones got the best of me that unbrilliant night in April 1990 and had no possible exposure thereafter. My wife and I had a baby boy in May 1996, a girl in 1999. Heaven on earth is my life at that point right? HIV and AIDS was the furthest thing from my mind. May 2000, one after another, people started asking me why/how I lost so much weight. I didn't even realize it but what I once thought was 155 lbs was now 135. Started feeling sluggish and tired from that point on for weeks (and I'm sure this sluggishness and fatigue was imagined, psychosomatic, and for lack of better words, human tendency). Got up the nerve to go see the Dr. He expressed that if I was this stressed about thinking it was still HIV, he'd be in his right mind to refer me to counseling for anxiety rather than an HIV test. I was so adamant that he gave in and took blood. Guess what? Negative. Fast forward to present day,,,,I so definitively ruled HIV out of my life that my wife and I have recently been thinking about a 3rd child. Then the big bang came. I saw the Dr again August 12, 2 0 0 3 because of a pronounced loss of taste and tiny raised whitish and reddish bumps smack in the middle of my tongue that had been going on for about a month. It just got worse and worse. They were painful too. Also, white streaks at the back of my throat, visible to the naked eye. Doc took one look and said it was thrush. I'm educated enough, at least I think, that thrush occurs as a reaction to antibiotics (which I've never taken), occurs rarely in folks with Diabetes, folks who have or are experiencing immunosuppression (which I kindly ask you to explain to me because I feel healthy and to me immuno-anything is HIV-AIDS), possibly stress related(which would be odd considering that I wasn't aware that I was stressed about anything when the thrush broke out), and finally, infants. I, on the other hand am not a Diabetic (to the best of my knowledge although I do have the need to pee quite frequently), am a 35 year old man so one, such as my wife, can only figuratively say I'm an infant but cannot make the same claim in the literal sense. So in the end, I must say, sorry for what may come across as a trite, sarcastic, and long-winded inquiry. It's just my way of saying I'm scared to the point that I've nearly "soiled" my underpants on several occasions in the last 15 days. The Nystatin I'm on has gotten rid of the bumps and pain, but taste buds are still nowhere near where they used to be. I really should go see the Doc but I'm so afraid of what I feel is the inevitable. I'm pretty sure I can't even hear the words "Well, lets get some bloodwork done." 1)Please, please, please, please tell me something I don't know about oral thrush? 2) The 2 tests in 1990/91 would not have checked for ALL the strains of HIV correct? 3) Test number 3 with the good Doc in 2000 was run by Labcorp, would that have checked for all of the strains? I could go on asking countless more questions but I'll cut short this novel at this point. I just don't know where to turn anymore.

My response:

OK calm down. No need to soil those boxers!

Let's look at the facts. You had a minimal exposure in 1990. You've had at least 3 HIV tests since then, absolutely confirming you are HIV-negative. You emphatically state there have been no other potential exposures, so why all the worries about poopy pants? Because of possible thrush? Relax guy! Even if it was thrush (of which I'm not all that convinced in this case), thrush does not equal HIV disease! No, you do not need any additional HIV tests. The others are more than sufficient. Remember that doctor who thought it would be a good idea for you to get some "counseling for anxiety, rather than an HIV test?" I think he was right! You've put yourself through hell several times with irrational fears of an illness you could not possibly have. Isn't it time for you to address your real problem with anxiety? That's where I suggest you turn next. Good luck.

Please please re: Immunoglobulin M deficiency
Precum in Mouth from other male