Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Happy New Year Doc , i hope from a previous idiotic bigot
Jan 16, 2004

Firstly Happy New Year to you and Steve. Until i ran into potential HIV problems myself, i was a self confessed Bigot with regard to Gay people. What a prat i was. The worry of HIV changed that because suddenly i thought we were all in the same boat and i was glad of help from any quarter Gay or Straight. Since then some of the funniest Nicest people i have met are Gay and ive been missing out by precluding them from friendships. I include both the remarkable Job you do and the great way you do it in this forum. Anyway my question is My exposure was Protected Sex ( i think the condom stayed intact) and Fingering /being fingered by a Chinese sex worker. I got real panicked and have struggled with various ailments for 4 months. At present i have Bacterial Prostate infection (which the Doc said the girl gave me when fingering my urethra after my anus and the Infection backed up, the bacteria in the Prostate fluid apparently is normally only found in the Anus, no im not gay or bisexual, i didnt open my mind that much)and i have a continuing problem with a dry sore back of the throat and sinus region which can also affect my ears, it can make me feel very unwell, nauseus, dizzy etc ( iam going to see if it might be strep?) I have tested Negative at 9weeks, 13 weeks and 18 weeks but i am concerned by the prostate and the throat problem. Can i really who hoo 100 and look forward to the new year or would these 2 problems i have give you concern that would need further testing?

Finally to any other Bigots reading this all i can say is open your mind you will be all the better for it and will enjoy the company of some great new people.

thanks Doc.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Enlightenment can be so . . . um . . . enlightening! Continue to spread the word! By the way, not only are we funny and nice, but also we can do makeovers (Queer Eye), and we just might be your doctor, your neighbor, your son, or your daughter!

Regarding your question, no worries guy. Your HIV tests are conclusive. HIV is not your problem. Yes, WOO-HOO into 2004 with my blessing. Your doc should be able to resolve the prostate problem with antibiotics.

Happy New Year.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sort of oral sex
Next
Persian Gulf man

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.