CD4, CD8, CD4/CD8 ratio

Dear Dr. Bob, I have a cd4 count of 800(350-1900, range), is 50(32-68,range), cd8 count of 266(155-1000,range), cd8 17 (14-38,range), and finally cd4/cd8 ratio of 2.99( .9-3.5 range). I do not have hiv according to the test I have taken, elisa, pcr dna and Rna all neg after 2 years. With the tcell count I have would my body be able to produce antibodies to hiv? would someone infected with hiv with no detectable antibodies be able to have such a good tcell count? I'm going crazy Dr. Bob, I need to know that my cd8, cd4 and cd4/cd8 ratio would be impossibe to have if infected with hiv and NO ANTIBODIES. Please forgive my stupidity. You are great Dr. Bob and we all appreciate your responses.

You have a negative ELISA, negative PCR-DNA, and negative PCR-RNA two years after a possible exposure. You also have completely normal CD4 counts. And you're still "going crazy?" Why??? Are you upset about being HIV-negative? Your immune system is fine. You have no antibodies, because you don't have HIV disease. One thing you do have, however, is anxiety and an irrational fear of being HIV-positive. Your next step would be to see a counselor.

Good luck. Feel better.

I HOPE I'M CATCHING YOU ON THE RIGHT DAY!
Dr. Bob- The Kidney Donor