45 year old male athlete and WOO HOO

Dear Dr.,

Before I had received back even my first negative ELISA test at 5 1/2 months I searched on how I could use this otherwise bad experience for good. I found a group here in the Denver area called HIV CareLink. I have been a support giver for nearly two years to those suffering with HIV and AIDS. I believe I have made a difference in their lives, and I still strive to do so. I periodically still struggle with my own mortality, and have tried to learn from my mistakes, and to be compassionate when dealing with the mistakes of others, as I am no different. Take care doc, and HAPPY NEW YEAR, and thank you for your answer.

Hi Athlete,

If you've been a support giver for nearly two years, I'm absolutely positive you've made a difference! Yes, learning from our own mistakes is an excellent way to develop compassion when dealing with the mistakes of others! You'd be amazed at some of mine. The lesson is to learn from past mistakes, but stay focused on the here and now, and anticipate an even better tomorrow!

You're most welcome. Happy New Year to you as well. Let's both make New Year's resolutions to continue to strive to help others, OK? Any other readers out there care to join us?

Home Access Test Accuracy @ 13 weeks
Yet another woohoo story