A past relationship

sexually active was infected with HIV. I was notified by the health dept. I knew it could only be a few people. I had a test done in '95, 97, and 99. All test were neg. In 2002, it was confirmed to me that it was my daughter's father and by this time he was near death. In all those years he never told me and I just went on believing that it was him. A month after I saw him (in 02) he died. And I am still dealing with it. My question is, how long is the incubation period for HIV and if I was tested in 95, 97, and 99 and all 3 tests were negative and I have never felt ill, there is no possible way that I could have been infected by him in 95, is there?

I'm sorry to learn of the passing of your daughter's father.

If your last unprotected exposure with him was in '95 and you've had repeated tests, all negative, out to '99, you are unquestionably HIV-negative.

I need your advice
Accuracy of 4-Month HIV-Antibody Test