It's Official: I'm INFECTED

Hi Dr. Bob,

Thanks for reading this. You are the ebst every day I go to thebody.com and then right onto your forum. Here is my question; over the summer I had unprotected sex and for the first and last time I was infected. It was unprotected vaginal insertion. Two days later I got very ill. I had a high fever and vomiting. I was lyign in bed with a washcloth on my foerhead knowing that the aids virus was inside me and relplicating. The illness lasted a month. I mean, just the low grade fever. And nausea. I also had muscle aches and all teh ARS symptoms on this stie listed ecept rash and headache. It also says 'other illnesses can cause symptoms' but it had to be viral due to the symptomotology and since it was sexually transmitted it is hiv i was infected huh, Dr. Frascino? This was the only time I have had sex with a high risk female (not a whore or stripper but very promiscuous indeed?)/ Dr. why is it, in your medical opinion that so many people who play it stupid and UNSAFE get sick afterwards. I mean objective illnesses.

Thanks

Exactly what's official about it? Symptoms two days after a potential HIV exposure would not be related to HIV ARS, as that would be far too early. It takes weeks, not days. Second, you do not mention a positive HIV test. Consequently, I don't see anything official or even suggestive! I strongly doubt your symptoms have anything to do with HIV. However, since you did place yourself at some (albeit low) risk for STD's, including HIV, the only way to be certain is to get tested. I'm betting it will be negative. Get tested and we'll make your negative status genuinely "official". OK? Good luck.

T cells after vaccination
thanks for helping me