I find this hard to believe

I think your story of getting a needle stick infection is a great story. Are we to belive that a gay guy got this not from gay sex? Are you telling this story to keep everyone having their gay ass sex?

Im sure you will not answer this question to protect yourself and your gay community. But lets get it out that gay sex can result in AIDS. You talk way too much BS which deflects the real issue. I realize others can get it. And don't give me stats of hetrosexuals getting it more. They get it from switch hitters. It has to start somewhere. POST THIS EMAIL. But I'm sure you won't. I think you are full of crap. Gay sex is what happened. No response means I am right.

Hello Angry Confused Man,

Whether I post your absurd bigoted remarks or not, I'm sure you'll continue to "believe" exactly what you want to believe. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about that. However, please note, what you believe does not change the scientific facts concerning HIV/AIDS, the modes of its transmission, or its epidemiological trends.

I certainly won't confuse your distorted belief system with concrete facts. However perhaps you might try reviewing information about HIV/AIDS at any of a number websites for instance The World Health Organization, the CDC, or the United Nations AIDS Organization. I will do is warn you that your fantasy world of heterosexual HIV invincibility is a dangerous one. Forty-two million people are living with this virus that's a whole lot of "switch hitters."

Perhaps if I give you an example or two of associations -- completely unrelated to HIV/AIDS --- where simpleminded obvious assumptions are not what they appear to be, you'll reconsider what you think you know or, at the very least, not be so insulting next time you write in. These are examples where associations are not "caused and effect" related.

1. Birds fly south in the late fall and within a week or so it starts snowing in New England. By your "logic," it would be reasonable to believe that birds cause winter. It's painfully obvious right? Every year they fly south and then bingo the snow arrives. From a scientific perspective, I hope you realize that birds are not the real "cause" winter.

2. You impress me as the type of redneck who enjoys eating at McDonalds on your way to the next NRA gun rally. OK, fine. While munching on your Triple Quarter Pounder, super-sized fries, and a Diet Coke, watch the folks ordering. Pay particular attention to the massively obese folks. No matter what the chubsters order Big Mac, McNuggets, or McSalad they always, always, always order Diet Coke. Right? OK, so again, using your logic, one must "believe" that Diet Coke causes obesity. That's because it's the only consistent thing they all consume. Do you "believe" Diet Coke causes obesity? Why not? It's logical based on what you just observed.

You are making the same mistake with HIV/AIDS, but again, the chances of you believing me are similar to those of the Pope believing sex is desirable for something other than procreation.

It's particularly interesting to note how deep-seated your pathology is. Do you really think a gay person cannot contract the virus form a well-documented occupational exposure? Are you aware we can now type viruses and document transmission of a particular strain from person to person --- for instance from patient to exposed healthcare worker?

You may be surprised I posted your question. I do so only to show the world that we have a very long way to go in the fight against HIV/AIDS ignorance, discrimination, and hysteria.

OK, we're done with you now. You can go back to your KKK meeting or abusing your pets or whatever fills your obviously very lonely and sad existence.

Drugs, Sex, and a Guaranteed Donation?
CDC