Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Drugs, Sex, and a Guaranteed Donation?
Jan 13, 2004

Doc,

I've been reading the forum on/off for over 2 years - please help me out. 500 Donation guaranteed!!! Here's my story - stupidly did a lot of coke one night - went to a commercial sex worker and received oral sex with a condom. Here's the twist, though, had a fungal infection (jock itch) on the bottom part and base of my penis which I had been scratching quite a bit for the last few days. Plus, due to the coke, it took a long time to come (1/2 hour). To top this off, I repeated the same excercise with a different commercial sex worker after taking a 30 minute break after the first one (second one, as you can imagine, took even longer to come - 45 minutes). Since then, been getting all sorts of symptoms (at 9 days, got unexplained diarrhea and soft stools that lasted for 10 days; at the same time, got pains in areas where my lymph nodes are - eg. neck, below jaw, armpits, groin, etc (but no swelling), also diagnosed with pharyngitis and having difficulty swallowing, and also got and continuing to get severe aches above elbows (where it bends), behind right knee, and groin - by the way, its been 3 weeks since symptoms have started). Doc - what are my chances that this is indeed ARS and could the fungal infection (even if it were a candida infection), have compromised the "integrity of my skin" to the extent that the HIV virus could have gained access to my system? I know the saliva transfer is barely a risk, but if the girl was sucking for so long, would there be a good chancve that she may have had bleeding gums by the end of it (or even before)?

Thanks and Merry XMas

Chris

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Chris,

You think your hooker got bleeding gums from sucking on your sheathed saber? Just how frickin' hard was she sucking? Is her nickname "Hoover?"

Chris, oral sex with a condom carries essentially no risk for HIV transmission with or without jock itch! If you've been reading this forum for over two years, you probably already knew that. Right? Of course you did.

Your symptoms are not at all worrisome to me, and as I mentioned, your risk is essentially nonexistent. The only thing I would caution you about is the "coke." Now that's a real risk. But again, I'm sure you knew that already too, right?

No need to "guarantee" a donation to The Foundation. Donations are made out of compassion, generosity, and a genuine desire to make a difference in this world. Should you decide to make a donation, it will be warmly appreciated. A 500-dollar donation could save 626 lives. On behalf of those whose lives will be touched, I extend my heartfelt thanks and wishes for a health New Year.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Smart Democrat -just a trick
Next
I find this hard to believe

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.