Please answer Doc i got all of the symptoms
Jan 13, 2004
Hey doc, i know what your opinion regarding masssages is but listen to this. 3 and a half weeks ago, i had a normal massage (non-sexual) but the lady dug her nails repeatedly into my neck. I do not know if she cut me, it is possible because man it hurt alot. I saw nail marks but i do not think any blood but the cut may have indeed been small so as to go unobserved. Anyways, i have now come down with the flu, ie. sore throat, night sweats, hot flashes, swollen glands (doc said so not me), and a rash, precisly the symptoms of ars at the time expected. The rash is essentially itchy and iritated skin on my neck chest and back, nothing visible. I am freaking out doc, i know that the risk was low but this i fear is not coincidence, i am a dead man. Please doc, please answer. Why the hell did ever go to that massage, it wasn't even a sexual, it was a normal place that offers holistic care.
Response from Dr. Frascino
First off, go to the archives of this forum and read the gazillion (now a gazillion and one) posts from people who claim "I got all the symptoms." Next note that my response to them and you is that HIV cannot be diagnosed by symptoms. Next, note the phenomenal number of folks writing in saying they finally got tested and it's negative! Next, review the extremely well established ways in which HIV can be transmitted and make special note of the fact that holistic care massage therapists who dig their nails into clients' necks are not mentioned. OK?
I'll make a few other points here for review:
1. Rashes cannot be invisible.
2. Symptoms are symptoms. Symptoms are not diseases.
3. If the "I am a dead man" statement turns out to be true, you succumbed to anxiety, not HIV.
4. Folks who have had a significant HIV exposure need to be HIV tested. Folks who have significant anxiety problems need counseling and therapy. Folks who have both need both. (Just for the record, you only need the anxiety therapy!)
5. Always bring a nail clipper to your massage appointments.
Feel better, Happy New Year,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex (not An Std)
- Can Lymph Node Discomfort Come And Go?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
- Enjoying Sex Gay Mixed Stats Couples
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.