Bob Bob Bob - Bob Bob-arino!

hey dr. bob. i'm poz 4 years now, living with the family - an excellent support group, they are (i'm very lucky). i had a cmv infection that resurfaces sometimes. recently, my uncle hiv negative - who lives with us - developed a clogged ear, and subsequently, lost some ability to hear out of that ear when the clogging subsided. that happened a few months ago. now, this past week, the same thing is happening with his other ear. he fears he will again lose a little bit of hearing sensitivity just like with the first ear. is it possible that he has caught my cmv? can cmv damage nerves in the ear? need i stay away from other elderly family members, as their immune systems aren't capable of warding off my cmv shedding?

You are indeed very thoughtful to be considering the health of others while dealing with the challenges of HIV yourself. Fortunately, your concerns are unwarranted. Your CMV is not the cause of your uncle's clogged ears or hearing problems. No, you do not need to stay away from elderly family members. Talk to your HIV specialist about your CMV. He should be able to further reassure you about the details of your specific situation.

Now, go give that old uncle a big hug. He probably wonders why you've been so standoffish lately.

Happy New Year! Stay well.

RE: Thank you...and Please answer...I am gonna die...
Please answer Doc i got all of the symptoms