Do you believe in life after unprotected oral? I am donating Payday this Friday!

Doctor,

To poorly steal a line from Cher, "Do you believe in life after unprotected oral sex, and you have a infected gum?"

I am sending a donation to your site this week...

I have committed a very stupid lapse in judgement recently. I met a guy and performed brief oral on him... here is the kicker! I had a infected gum when I did this, I thought it had healed up comepletley earlier in the day but when I got home that night it was bleeding and swollen again.

I have spoken to this gentleman and he says he is clean, but since then (1 week tomorrow) I came down with a stomach ache/Flu and it slowly went away over 2 days. No fever but felt bad for about 2 days and stomach was killing me... I could possibly attribute this to a poor diet over the weekend (barbq and a generous dinner of spicy fried chicken), but it has me a bit stressed thinking that this could be the onset or ARS. Also to note I only performed oral for a few minutes and no ejaculation and although I think that I tasted a tiny bit of precum. Of course he swears that he is negative...

I am taking a PCR after 28 days, but in the meantime the stomach starts to heart again everytime I start obsessing about it (good sign huh?)

Please help me out with your advice.

Thank you!

Should I start with a Cher tune as well? OK, how about "This is a song for the . . . ?" for the what? Perhaps for the overly stressed out and worried?? Gosh that's going to be a bitch to rhyme with and sing to a pounding disco beat.

OK, my response is as repetitive as some of Cher's refrains. (No, I'm not dishing the diva; I like her too!) Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission with several recent well-conducted epidemiological studies confirming this fact.

Now, concerning the fact you don't know the HIV status of the dude connected to the boner you were tasting and the fact it was a brief (few minutes) with no ejaculation, I would suggest your HIV risk is essentially so minimal as to be off the radar screen.

Your stomach problems are most likely the overdose of KFC or other unrelated event. By the way, what do you mean your "stomach starts to heart" every time you start obsessing? Does it go lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub?

Even with your inflamed and bleeding gums, I'd say your risk is extremely minimal. So try to relax while waiting for your HIV test results. Re-watch Cher's farewell tour concert on video or any of Streisand's several farewell concerts. Or, if you need a live diva event, try Bette Midler's current "Kiss my Brass" tour. Just stay away form Brittney. She can induce both stomach and headaches.

Thanks for your donation.

Happy Holidays. Try not to obsess, because "I got you babe."

Merry Christmas Dr. Bob
Curious