Can I get HIV this way?

I recenlty visted a Naturopathic doctor. He tested my blood type.

He did this by pricking my finger with a sterile lancet (I saw him remove the top)and I squeezed out a couple drops of blood. The doctor then placed a couple drops of a yellow liquid from a dropper and a couple of drops of a blue liquipd from a dropper on to a glass slide in 2 separate areas. I saw both bottles containing these liquids they were both open and about half full.

I then touched the liquids with my finger to get some blood mixed in to each liquid.

My question is could I get HIV or Hep from doing this? That is, my finger had the small poke in it and was bleeding and I touched my blood into these 2 liquids on the glass slide.

I am wondering cause I don't know if the glass slide was sterile or what exaclty was in the liquids I touched bleeding finger too.

Please advise.

Thanks Sean

Hello Sean,

My advice is to stay away from "doctors" who haven't been to medical school. What was this guy testing for and why? Your HIV/hepatitis risk is essentially nonexistent. So are your chances of getting useful help from most of these practitioners but that's just my personal opinion.

Stay well.

1 more month? or WOO HOO!
Physician to Physician