|Wrote Before But No Answer. Please answer so I'll have a good holiday season
Dec 31, 2003
Hi Dr. Bob,
I wrote you a few days ago but never got an answer back. I was just hoping you can help me with my dilemma. I've read a few similar case in this forum, however I want a definite answer for my situation.
Sometime in the last quarter of 2002, I hooked up with this guy I met on the internet chatroom. We've pretty much done everything. I gave him an oral, rimmed him, we kissed, and we had protected anal sex, me being the top. I havent seen him after that.
I usually get tested every 3 months but I havent done it lately due to busy schedule. My last HIV test was in May 2003, which is like more than 6 months since I've hooked up with that guy. My result was negative.
Then sometime ago, I happen to see the guy in the chatroom again and he confessed that he got tested sometime in May also and he is positive. He admitted too that its been 2 years since he was last tested before this recent one. So the doctor adviced him to get a hold of all those he had slept with for the past 2 years and I happen to be one of them.
1. What is my risk of being infected since Ive done oral sex, kissing, and rimming with this guy? And although we've used condom and I was the top, the thought of me having sex with a poz guy makes me feel that I might have gotten it too.
2. Do I need to get tested again even if my result last May 2003 was negative? (knowing that May 2003 is more than 6 months already since Ive met him)
3. How definite is the 3-months or 6-months window period before you get tested? Is it possible for HIV to show up longer than 6 months?
HELP HELP HELP!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
You've read similar cases, and now you'll receive a similar response. Your negative test at six months after a possible exposure is definitive. Yell, "WOO-HOO," and in the future, assume all sex partners are potentially HIV-positive. Take the appropriate precautions to avoid unnecessary subsequent worry. It really is that easy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.