|Shingles and Negative?
Dec 31, 2003
I tested negative at 5 1/2 and then at 9 1/2 months on ELISA. About 1 1/2 years out from that point I developed shingles. No additional exposure apart from normal relations with my wife. During that entire period I was extremely stressed out. I am a 45 year old otherwise healthy male athlete. Is there a need to be retested, or am i in the clear?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Healthy but Extremely Stressed-Out 45-year-old Male Athlete,
ELISA testing three months or more after a potential exposure is considered definitive. Shingles does not automatically mean you have HIV disease. In fact, the vast majority of cases are not associated with HIV disease. Do you need to be retested? No, you need some yoga stress-release classes!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.