Quit answering crap and answer a real Question - Lymph Nodes

I see you answer question after question from people who and an exposure a bazillion years ago and have tested negative ever since but still think their positive. Then you answer just as many from people who were in the same bathroom with / walked past / on the phone with / etc. someone with HIV and they think their positive. How about a real question; definite exposure to at least one STD and some noted signs of HIV. Take a shot at a real one this time In late April I had unprotected sex with a professional. About five weeks later my urine started to burn a little. I broke down at the seven week mark and got tested for Clamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, & HIV. I popped positive on Gonorrhea. The doctor gave me antibiotics, which took care of the problem. (I believe the HIV test was an ELISA. I had the test in Japan and everything was written in Japanese.) Around Thanksgiving I started to feel some pain (on a scale of 1 to 10 about a 1) in my left submandibular gland, or the collocated lymph node. Between Thanksgiving and two days ago there was a slight increase in pain but nothing major. In the morning I would feel nothing, but by evening it was about a pain level of 2. Three days ago I went flying in an un-pressurized aircraft. (My third time flying since Thanksgiving.) As we climbed to 6500 feet I felt my parotid gland, or the collocated lymph node, begin to swell in the climb as barometric pressure decreased. It was probably about a level 3 to 4 of pain. When we came down the swelling subsided but not completely. The next morning (two days ago) when I awoke there was swelling in both the region of my submandibular and parotid gland. I took some Nyquil (day-time formula) and most of the swelling in my parotid area went down and some in my submandibular area. Yesterday and today my submandibular areas, both sides, are swollen enough that is can now be seen if you look closely. The parotid area is not really visible but when I touch it, it is a little swollen. (For the record, I had mumps as an infant.) My chin and upper jaw feel as though they have a headache. Touching either area in my chin or neck tingles a little, but causes no discomfort. I have a mild headache, but again nothing severe. My mouth is slightly dryer that normal, but not much of difference from usual. I get an occasional shooting pain in my groan that feels like someone is putting a needle in one of my testicles (not always the same one). The soonest appointment I could get with an ENT was 8 January. I have scheduled another HIV test but was unable to get in until the 29th of December. Right now the worst part is the not knowing. Every minute Im awake Im wondering if Im positive or not. Knowing either way would be easer than this. So, in your expert opinion should I start resolving myself to a life of medication and a 20-year live expectancy or am I likely suffering from something else?

Thanks DD

Hello DD,

You want me to "quit answering crap," and answer your "real question?" Would you like to apologize for that inappropriate and rude remark now or later? I suppose I could skip your question entirely, or wait for your apology to the readers/questioners of this forum, but that would be unkind. And I really do try to be a nice guy, even to those with bad manners.

Now your "real question" involves having unprotected sex with a pro and then getting gonorrhea. Wow, now there's a real unusual situation. Thanks for sharing. So then antibiotics "took care of the problem." OK, good. Next, you have some minimal discomfort (1 on a scale of 1 to 10) in your "left submandibular gland or the collocated lymph node?" What the heck is a collocated lymph node? So then you climb to 6500 feet in an un-pressurized aircraft and feel your parotid or collocated lymph node begin to swell. This question is so "real" and fascinating that I'm sure our readers are on the edge of their chairs waiting to hear what happens next. Ah yes, Nyquil Daytime Formula to the rescue and things improve. So now you have "neck tingles," "slightly dryer" mouth, and an occasional shooting pain in your "groan!" (Your what?) As if someone is putting a needle in one of your testicles! Oh my! By the way, how would you know what that feels like? And no wonder you are "groan"-ing. Ouch! So with this information, you want to know if I think you should "resolve yourself to a life of medication and a 20-year expectancy . . . . "

Do you know how many folks are scratching their heads at this moment wondering why I even bother to answer your rather crappy question? Those are the exact folks who will be waiting for your apology, by the way.

OK, here's your somewhat obvious response. Unprotected sex places you at risk for STD's, including HIV. Some STD's are quite easy to contract gonorrhea, for example and others are much less so HIV for example. Since you developed symptoms following a potential exposure, common STD screening is warranted. Your tests revealed gonorrhea. HIV screening is not considered definitive until three months or more following the exposure. Your exposure was in April; consequently, if you're concerned about HIV, you should obtain an HIV test. Your seven-week test is encouraging but not definitive. I'm glad you have another HIV test already scheduled. Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV-ARS. So I'd predict you are indeed "suffering from something else." Now about that apology

Grandmother longing for the old days....
Shingles and Negative?